It’s one that seems to divide stitchers – you either love using PDF download sewing patterns or you hate them!
This is what people have told me are the positives of using digital sewing patterns:
- ease of storage
- ability to re-use once size has been cut – just print out another
- no taping together tatty old patterns – just print out another
- cheaper to buy initially.
And these are the things that put people off using them:
- cost of printer ink
- size of printouts being accurate
- time and hassle involved in taping the pieces together
- accuracy of the pattern once it’s been taped together.
Well, in an attempt to keep everyone happy I’m starting to make my sewing patterns also available as downloads. I feel like I may be slightly doing things back to front as every other indie sewing pattern company I look at seems to have done it the other way round ie. PDF patterns first, then hard copy, but hey ho, I like to be different!
The first PDF pattern available is my straight neck vest and dress.
Here are some examples of MIY Workshop student makes from this pattern:
They’re available at just £7 from my Etsy shop and once you’ve ordered, the files will be automatically available to you to download and get started on, including a step-by-step guide on how to print your pattern and how to piece it together!
What are you waiting for?!