It’s here, a whole month of blogging and sewing and tutorials and competitions with amazing prizes from all your favourite and best known independent sewing pattern designers. And I’m part of it – WOW!! It’s going to be a great month.
So, what exactly is Sewing Indie Month?
Sewing Indie Month (SIM) is a month-long celebration of indie sewing patterns and the people who sew them. The month is packed full of fun interviews and informative tutorials. It also includes a sewalong contest with exciting prizes and has grown to include bundle sales, where you can get select patterns at outrageously low prices. The project is organised by Mari Miller of Seamster Patterns and the project (and pattern bundle sales) live at the Sew Independent website. You can follow it on social media by using the hashtags #SIM2015 and #sewingindiemonth
Which indie designers are involved?
Seamster Sewing Patterns | Waffle Patterns | Kate & Rose | Dixie DIY Patterns | Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick Patterns | Fehr Trade | Lolita Patterns | SomaPatterns | True Bias | Maison Fleur | Paprika Patterns | Closet Case Files | MIY Collection | imagine gnats | Sew House Seven | Muse Patterns | Blueprints For Sewing | Sew Over It | SeamstressErin Designs | Sew Liberated | Jennifer Lauren Vintage Patterns
You can find out more about all the designers involved here.
Now, I can’t tell you how exciting it is to see MIY Collection in that impressive line-up!!
How do I buy the PDF pattern bundles?
OK, so just one of the many brilliant things about Sewing Indie Month is that most of the designers involved have contributed one of their PDF patterns for inclusion in 2 bundle sales. The first one, which ran in August, was a great success, the second (which I’m part of), starts today! But it only runs until 10th September, so don’t spend too long thinking about it.
Here is the bundle in it’s entirety of 10 patterns:
Pretty impressive huh?!
The way the bundle works is in essence you pay what you want for the bundle. The more you pay, the more patterns you’ll receive:
- pay $25 or more for the first tier of the bundle (5 patterns)
- pay $32 or more for the 2nd tier (the original 5 patterns + 2 more)
- pay $38 or more for the entire bundle of 10 patterns – which works out at just $3.80 (approx. £2.47 per pattern!)
Even better, 20% of all bundle proceeds will be donated to Women for Women, which helps women dealing with violence, marginalization, and poverty due to war and conflict.
Here’s a full list of the patterns included:
- Pinot Pants by Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick
- Fit and Flare Skirt by Maison Fleur
- Bess Top by Imagine Gnats
- VNA Top by Fehr Trade
- Nettie Bodysuit and Dress by Closet Case Files
- Walkley Vest & Dress by MIY Collection
- Jasper Hoodie by Paprika Patterns
- Nautilus Swimsuit by Seamstress Erin
- the new Kinga Skirt by Kate & Rose
- the new April 1962 Coat by SomaPatterns
Yes, that is the Walkley Vest & Dress of mine in there!!
And during the pattern sale some of the world’s best loved sewing bloggers will be busy stitching up their own versions of the patterns to inspire you. Here they are:
- Casa Crafty
- Cation Designs
- Girls in the Garden
- Grey’s Fabric
- Groovy Baby and Mama
- Handmade by Carolyn
- House of Pinheiro
- How Good is That?
- Lucky Lucille
- Magpie Makery
- Scruffy Badger Time
- Thread Theory
- Three Dresses Project
- Workroom Social
Remember, this is a once in a lifetime chance to get all of these patterns at such a low price and make a contribution to a very timely charity at the same time. Get yours now!
Tell me more about the competitions and how I can get involved?
There are three prize categories open to anyone sewing any pattern by any of the participating designers. Now I know loads of my MIY Workshop students that could enter any of these….!
Here are the categories:
Where will I find all the guest tutorials and interviews?
Keep track of all the SIM2015 goings-on with this calendar. Remember you can also follow us on social media with the hashtags #SIM2015 and #sewingindiemonth
Highlights for me and MIY Collection will be:
- me being interviewed by Betsy of Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick Patterns over on her blog on 10th September
- me interviewing Dixie of Dixie DIY Patterns on my blog on 22nd September
- I’ll be posting a guest tutorial on Mari’s Seamster Sewing Patterns blog on 15th September
- and last but not least I’ll be hosting a guest blog post from Sew Over It on 25th September.
Busy month then! Happy Sew Indie Month.