I’m late posting this as I’ve been trying to take a week off, so, better late than never! I feel reassured that in summary week 3 was; “More of the Same”!
Here’s what I’m wearing from left to right:
- sleeveless Wisewood dress (regular cowl depth version) in denim effect viscose jersey which I think was from Minerva and Brightside shrug in grey marl lightweight cotton loopback sweat from Ditto, plus leggings from my own pattern (not available to buy yet)
- sleeveless shift dress from Beginner’s Guide to Dressmaking in lovely heavy denim with a bit of stretch from Ditto and those leggings again
- colour blocked wearable toile of that oversized t-shirt from weeks 1 and 2 in a dress version – pattern coming later this year
- black linen short sleeved shift dress from Beginner’s Guide to Dressmaking (worn to a publicity meeting for my next book!)
- full length version of the trousers from Beginner’s Guide to Dressmaking in grey polyester crepe from Ditto
- short sleeved Wisewood dress (deep cowl version) in grey marl cotton jersey from Ditto and my trusty leggings again
- another full length version of the trousers from Beginner’s Guide to Dressmaking in lightweight cotton denim from Ditto and long sleeved top from my own pattern (not available to buy).
Despite me summarising this week’s Me Made May as “More of the Same” I actually think that’s a good thing and I can honestly say I’m really enjoying wearing all these samples and documenting the outfits. I often wear my samples anyway, but would rarely photograph myself or put so much thought into the overall outfits.
I hope they’re providing the intended inspiration for the many ways to make my patterns, the variety of fabrics that you can use and ultimately how easily the styles can be incorporated into an everyday wardrobe.
I also included this photo in week 3 of my daily MMMay pics on Instagram, just to prove that I don’t take myself too seriously……!