I spent most of week 4 up in Sheffield enjoying a (sort-of) week off, hence the new background wall!
Yes, it’s yet again more of the same, but nice to know that I can even put together a good travelling wardrobe for a week away of varied activities from my samples.
Here’s what I’m wearing from left to right:
- stripey ponte roma Fulwood dress in a one piece version without the waist seam (sooooooo super comfy, especially for the long drive to Sheffield)
- sleeved shift dress from Beginner’s Guide to Dressmaking in denim with contrast denim patch pocket and the zip jacket also from the book in lovely bouclé wool
- sample of the new t-shirt pattern in development, this time as a stripey dress in viscose jersey and my own pattern leggings (used in my Make Your Own Leggings classes and available to use in weekly classes at MIY Workshop).
- a-line version of the Tapton skirt in that elusive of fabrics – a denim effect jersey, nice and comfy for the long drive back to Brighton from Sheffield
- a stripey Walkley vest in viscose jersey with RTW jeans (Cos)
- sleeveless Wisewood dress in denim effect jersey worn for a night out
- the same Wisewood dress worn for another night out!
- that stripey ponte roma one-piece Fulwood dress again
- cosy pyjama trousers in Art Gallery fabrics super soft cotton jersey (the pattern is used in my Make Pyjama Trousers classes and is available to use in weekly classes at MIY Workshop).
What I learned this week:
- I need to make more one piece Fulwood dresses; so comfortable, so versatile. I have some gorgeous quality ponte roma languishing in MIY Workshop so maybe I’ll chop into that.
- I’m such a neat freak that I like the consistency of a similar backdrop.
- I do like the brick wall of my mum and dad’s house for photos; the colour, the texture, the lines……
- Trying to get my dad to hold a camera straight tested my patience to its absolute limits….sorry dad!!