OK, “A Beginner’s Guide to Making Skirts” is out today and yesterday I promised you a competition.
Well here it is, a competition to win everything you need to start making your own beautiful unique handmade skirts. A MASSIVE dressmaking bundle of treasure worth OVER £500!!!
Here’s what’s included:
- Janome 525S Sewist sewing machine (worth £250)
- complete dressmaker’s set of 5 handmade scissors from Ernest Wright & Son including; 8″ dressmaker’s shears, thread snips, antique stork embroidery scissors, buttonhole scissors and appliqué scissors (worth £155)
- fabric voucher from Faberwood Fabrics for 2m of fabric of your choice (worth up to £55)
- one of Beyond Measure‘s beautiful hand turned wood pincushions and a pack of Hiroshima Tulip pins (worth £34.50)
- £30 voucher to spend at Textile Garden
- £25 voucher to spend at Ditto Fabrics
- 3 month subscription to Love Sewing Magazine (worth £18)
- signed copy of “A Beginner’s Guide to Making Skirts” (worth £14.99).
So, here’s what I want you to do to be in with a chance of winning. It’s not a “names out of a hat / winners picked at random” competition, this is a creative challenge and I want you to have a bit of fun and also do some work for it! More importantly, I want this amazing prize to go to a winner who is really into sewing (or wants to be) and not a professional competition entrant. So, here goes:
- using the photograph on the cover of the book as inspiration, create your own version and share it on social media tagging me and Cico Books and using the #miyskirts hashtag on whatever platform you use,
- you can use bought skirts / skirts you want to make / skirts you have already made,
- enter on any social media platform: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest,
- you must be following me and Cico books on whichever platform you choose to enter on, you can enter on multiple platforms but must be following me and Cico on each platform on which you enter, our social media links are below,
- closing date is Monday 14th November to post your photos, I’ll then choose a final 4 for the online sewing community to choose a winner to be announced 2 weeks later on Monday 28th November
- sadly this competition is only open to UK entrants, I will be running another competition after Christmas which will be open worldwide so watch out for that.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS TO USE:
Good luck, but most importantly, enjoy the challenge!
A huge thank you to all the people who have so generously sponsored this competition: the team at Cico books, Deborah at Janome UK, Nick at Ernest Wright & Son, Fiona and Brian at Faberwood, Grace at Beyond Measure, Maggie at Textile Garden, Gill at Ditto Fabrics and Amy at Love Sewing magazine.