I was interviewed for my first podcast a few months ago. I felt a bit daunted by the prospect at first and thoughts like “Will I say something ridiculous?” and “What if I can’t think of anything to say?” filled my head.
I’m happy to report that neither of those particular scenarios came to pass, thanks mainly to Stephanie, the podcast host, who made the whole experience a pleasure – she was relaxed yet professional and enthusiastic but focussed. She gave me space to expand on my thoughts and to really talk about my passions, it was like chatting to a long lost friend.
If you want to hear my strange Frankenstein very northern and occasionally oddly southern accent getting over excited about some of the things below, you can find the podcast here: http://www.modernsewciety.com/ms-episode-146-wendy-ward.html, I come in at around 4 min 30 secs….
- my diverse career path from pompoms to the UK fashion industry
- why I love teaching adults to make their own clothes
- the importance of what I call Sustainable Sewing
- the joy to be had in making the same garment over and over again
- the biggest challenge I’ve faced in my career
- what I’d do if I wasn’t doing all this
- a few fabric shopping tips.
Hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think!!
(New to Podcasts? Have a read of my post Listen While You Sew which includes a guide to listening to podcasts and a few recommendations.)