At last, I have the first advance copy of my new book How To Sew Sustainably in my hands! The book will be out in 6 weeks on the 8th of June, but let me give you a little preview of what’s inside…..
What’s in How To Sew Sustainably?
Well, you will quickly spot that this book isn’t just clothes, there are accessories, things for your home and art in this one. There are plenty of clothes-making projects in there though and they can all be adapted to fit any size, gender and age (including kids) because…..
there are no pattern sheets!!
I show you how to draft EVERYTHING in this book yourself based on your own measurements and preferences.
Here’s what you get:
- 20+ fully customisable projects: clothes, accessories, things for the home and art
- fully explained & illustrated (did I mention I do all the drawings for my books…..)
- step-by-step fundamental sewing techniques
- tips for working with tricky fabrics
- tips for dismantling garments to reuse them
- how to source materials more sustainably
- techniques organised by size of fabric: whole pieces of cloth, pieces & scraps
- some of my own methods for reusing fabrics from those awkward left over lengths down to the teeniest scraps (overlocker spaghetti anyone)
- some easy mending techniques
- a couple of hopefully inspiring essays about sewing in a more sustainable way.
A big thanks to the team at Cico books for making this book happen and to photographer Julian Ward, stylist Nel Haynes and our gorgeous models and location owners for the stunning photos. This was all achieved through amazing teamwork in the middle of a global pandemic.
The book will be published on the 8th of June and is already available to pre-order in all the usual places: Bookshop.org, Amazon UK, Amazon.com
(If you’re in the UK please consider ordering from Bookshop.org as I will earn a small commission if you use the link above and you’ll also be helping to support independent bookshops.)
I’ll open pre-orders for signed copies in a few weeks!
Here’s a little flip through the whole thing…..