Follow Me On
Tag Archives: minerva crafts
My popular MIY Collection pull-on shift dress pattern which sold out at the Knitting & Stitching show is back in stock. Get yours online now with free P&P in the UK.
I think there are lots of reasons why this pattern is so popular:
- it’s easy – really, no fastenings, no fiddly bits
- the pattern is very versatile – these features are optional: the cowl collar, the side seam pockets, the centre front and centre back pleats
- it’s a great pattern for beginners (I’ve had lots of sewing newbies successfully make this dress in a day), but has lots of versatility for those with a bit of experience
- it suits a wide range of shapes and sizes
- it’s comfy to wear – I know, I wear mine A LOT!
- you can make it in a wide variety of fabrics: wovens such as lightweight denim, linen, lightweight tweed, chambray, needlecord and knits such as ponte roma, sweatshirt and even single jersey
- it will see you through all the seasons – I wear my denim one with leggings and a long sleeved top in winter and on it’s own with birkenstocks in summer
- you can easily combine fabrics, using a different one for the bodice and the skirt.
And if you’re not yet convinced I did a quick pattern hack from it this weekend to make this top which once I’ve hemmed, I think I will be living in…..
All I did was to use the bodice pattern and lengthen it by 20cm! I’ve used a fabulous lurex ponte roma from Minerva Crafts which is a pleasure to sew as it just does as it’s told. This will be my nod towards the festive season – black with a bit of subtle sparkle.
Get your pattern now and let me know what you do with it, I love seeing how you all interpret my patterns!