Follow Me On
- The final big push starts this weekend and it's all the big stuff up for grabs....tables, chairs, rails, pattern cutting table. More details in my stories ✂️✂️✂️✂️ check it out before you tune in to tonight's #sewingbee #greatbritishsewingbee #gbsb2019I've been slow at sharing some of your gorgeous makes from my patterns recently, so here's a catch-up! ➡️ 1 #fulwooddress by @scarletkumquat in a wonderfully colourful check ➡️ 2 #longshawdress (from my book Beginner's Guide to Sewing With Knitted Fabrics) fabulously modelled by @diannebowles ➡️ 3 #winnatstankdress (from the same book) by @maglegac made for and modelled by her mum ➡️ 4 also from my knits book these #monsalloungepants by @doobis71 are also her #sew50visible challenge organised by @sewover50 check it out, a great idea 👍I know you're all excited to start watching #greatbritishsewingbee but we got the keys to our very own house today so I can't really think about much else!! 🏡 We'll be surrounded by beautiful countryside with a reservoir 5 mins at the end of the road and the Peak District national park boundary in walking distance. After 18 years living in crappy rented flats in Brighton I really can't believe this has actually happened to me. I've wanted to move back home to Sheffield for years. I'm still pinching myself and celebrating with fizz 🍾 Enjoy watching the bee!! Come on @ohsewthatmercedes 🤗❤If you're heading down to #miyworkshop for the sale today I'll be closing the door at 2pm. There are still some super bargains to be had!! FABRIC THREADS SAMPLES PATTERNS & MORE!!
Tag Archives: miy workshop
Give the gift that keeps on giving this year – the gift of sewing!!
If you have a crafty type to buy for or you’d like to suggest a present for yourself, what about a MIY Workshop gift voucher?!
Do you have to fight your way through a tangled nest of threads at the bottom of a box or drawer every time you need a bobbin?
Life’s too short, find some toe dividers and make your own bobbin holders! Keeps your bobbins neat, tidy, you can see what colour thread is on them and they then fit easily into your portable sewing kit. Lots of my MIY Workshop students have started bringing bobbins to class like this.
Want tips, special offers and first dibs on new patterns? Join my newsletter here.
Want to join one of my classes at MIY Workshop in Brighton? Join the MIY Workshop newsletter here for advanced booking onto new classes.
If you’re even half as nosey as I am you’ll like this.
Here’s a short video from my YouTube channel that gives you a little peek inside MIY Workshop where I teach all my classes and do my sewing. As I don’t have space for a sewing machine at home, all the magic happens here!
Two new teachers are bringing 3 fantastic new classes to MIY Workshop this autumn with lots of dates and times (weekdays, weekends, evenings) available.
Michelle will be showing you how to make your own bespoke kimono and your own knickers:
Nula will be teaching fabric stamping so that you can print your own fabric:
Spaces are limited at all these classes. Full details including prices, dates and how to book are on the MIY Workshop website here.
In celebration of my new book “A Beginner’s Guide to Making Skirts” being published in October I’m teaching 2 one-day classes based around the book.
These are the only 2 dates that I’ll be teaching one day classes based around my book this year, so once they’re booked, that’s it!
The first date is suitable for absolute beginners that have never made clothes before, the second date is for those who already know how to use a sewing machine and have done some dressmaking. Both classes include a signed copy of the book to take away with you and make more skirts!
To book, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you!
SUNDAY 6TH NOVEMBER 10am-4pm
MAKE AN EASY PULL-ON PENCIL SKIRT WITH WENDY WARD
Join bestselling craft book author Wendy Ward for a day of dressmaking. You will make a pull-on stretch pencil skirt from her new book “A Beginner’s Guide to Making Skirts”. The class includes a signed copy of the book to take away with you to make more skirts and even all your fabric and thread. All you need to bring is yourself!
This class is ideal for beginners and don’t be scared of sewing knitted fabrics, we’ll be using a regular sewing machine and Wendy will guide you through setting up the machine to sew stretch fabrics – it’s a lot easier than you think. There are lots of different ways to make this skirt; different lengths, adding gathering to the side seams and colour blocked panels so you will be able to make it really suit your own style.
- Suitable for absolute beginners.
- Class size limited to just 5 people.
- £125 includes a copy of “A Beginner’s Guide to Making Skirts” and materials.
SUNDAY 4TH DECEMBER 10am – 4.30pm
MAKE A SKIRT WITH WENDY WARD
Join bestselling craft book author Wendy Ward for a day of dressmaking to make your choice of skirt from her new book “A Beginner’s Guide to Making Skirts”.
There are 8 skirt styles to choose from and the class also includes a signed copy of “A Beginner’s Guide to Making Skirts” to take away with you to make more skirts!
This class is ideal for those who have just started sewing and those with more experience but need a refresher, some new ideas or just a confidence boost.
You will be able to choose to make one of the 8 different skirt styles in the book and with each skirt having at least three different style options you can really make the skirt your own style. Wendy will teach you how to perfect lots of dressmaking techniques; from pockets and pleats to zips, gathers and different ways to finish waistbands using her own tried and tested methods.
- Best for those who know how to use a sewing machine and have done a bit of sewing.
- Class size limited to just 5 people.
- £125 includes a copy of “A Beginner’s Guide to Making Skirts”.