City & Guilds 7160(02) Level 2 Award 214 – PATTERN CUTTING FOR SKIRTS & TROUSERS
If you can never find what you want when looking for sewing patterns, maybe it’s time to have a go at pattern cutting to design your own and gain a nationally recognised qualification.
5 day Summer School 10-5.30pm (35 hours teaching):
Monday 4th to Friday 8th August
COST: £300 course fee plus £35 C&G registration fee
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
You will get the most out of the course if you can do the following:
• use a sewing machine
• read a dressmaking pattern
• basic arithmetic with or without a calculator.
There will be a maximum of 4 people on the course.
WHAT IS COVERED ON THE COURSE?
Your final assessment will be based on a folio of your work, there is no written exam. The course will cover the following:
• drafting a basic skirt and trouser block
• making a toile (sample garment) for the 2 blocks
• making fit adjustments to toiles
• looking at the historical, cultural and contemporary design of skirts and trousers
• producing your own design for a skirt or trousers
• making a pattern for your own design
• making a toile for your own design.
NOTE – this course teaches flat pattern cutting techniques, not draping on the stand.
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE CONTACT WENDY:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 693451
You can have a look here to see what last year’s summer school students produced.