Follow Me On
- I haven't forgotten, we'll be starting next week, not strictly on the 1st. Doing things a bit differently this year, it's going to be SLOWER.... If you haven't joined us before, #miymarch is a community Instagram challenge now in its 6th year. In previous years it's been a month long marathon of daily photo prompts, this year is going to be a weekly challenge with an overarching theme for the month, thoughtful blog posts and encouragement to think out of the box and try something a little different. There will be some beautiful prizes and a special guest taking over for week 3. Fancy joining us??Finally made a start putting together this hack of the Dylan Parka from my new book. I'm using beautiful (& local) #heartofhuddersfield 100% wool Yorkshire Melton from @fabworksmillshop Just hoping I finish it before the sunshine arrives.....🌞Here's how that over-dyeing experiment turned out. I'm really pleased with how it turned out as dyeing can feel a bit finaland scary. I used a @dylon_uk machine pod in "Jeans Blue". It's a lovely rich indigo blue, exactly what I had in mind and as well as the dress I also dyed a metre of cotton poplin which turned out a dream. Scroll to the last pic for a better pic of how the original stripes and checks still show through. . . #sustainablesewing #thoughtfulsewing #overdyed #overdyeing #sewingoffcuts #piecedclothes #beautifulscraps #remadewardrobe #remadefashion #remadetextile #remadefabric #recycledfabric #recycledtextiles #sustainablefashion #sustainabledressing #oneofakind #wearablepatchwork #fashioningpatchwork #leavenotrace #leavenowaste #recycledshirts #recycledclothing #secondlife #treasurenottrash #remakeitBeen working a bit differently in the last few weeks. Always refreshing and inspiring to step outside the comfort zone and try a new way of doing things. . . #creative #creativeprocess #creativelife #designprocess #maquette #thinkingoutsidethebox #adifferentapproach #sustainablesewing #designchallenge #mockingup #3dthinking #thinkingthroughmaking #newbook #newproject #nevernotmaking #nevernotthinkingaboutmaking #problemsolving #howisthatmade #howcanimakethat
Tag Archives: sewing patterns for knits
You’re going to have a difficult choice this month people!! Here are 4 beauties, but only one can be this month’s MIY Maker. Which one will you choose?
Here are some more details about them:
- top left – Anne’s beautifully styled pink Fulwood dress
- top right – Lee’s homage to Dennis the Menace and her stripey t-shirt from Beginner’s Guide to Dressmaking
- bottom left – Jenny’s brilliantly simple but effective hack of the Walkley dress to add a contrast yoke
- bottom right – MIY Workshop student Sara’s very first dress (can’t you just tell from that smile!) a one piece denim Fulwood dress.
So, it’s over to you. Leave your choice in the comments, voting will close at midnight GMT tomorrow – Friday 30th September and I’ll announce the winner over the weekend.
Better late than never, my most popular pattern – The Fulwood Dress is now available as a complete making kit.
The kit contains everything you need to make the dress with all the trimmings (collar, pleats, pockets!):
- printed pattern
- over 2.5m of beautiful quality 100% cotton denim in a choice of 2 washes; a pale bleached wash and a deep indigo wash (enough to allow for shrinkage when you pre-wash your fabric)
- and matching thread.
All delivered straight to your door with free P&P (UK only) so you can just get sewing.
There really are so many ways to make this pattern (some of which I’m still trying out myself), see inspiration for how to make the Fulwood on Instagram and check out this link to a recent review. There’s also a great guest post here by Anne Acosta for how to move the pleats to different positions.
What are you waiting for? Get yours now, I only have limited stocks….
Want to hear more about what I’m up to and get subscriber-only resources and offers? Join my newsletter and see what you’ve been missing!