Follow Me On
- Invested in a piece of very local art. This is the view from the hill behind us down into the next valley. It's painted by Jackie Prachek a local artist who runs the art group I sometimes go to 💚 #keepingitlocalOne of my current works in progress. 🔷️◼◻I had a lovely few hours @sew_in_the_city today teaching these 5 lovely eager students how to make the Derwent trousers from my book Beginner's Guide to Sewing with Knitted Fabrics. They were all super happy (and a few a bit surprised) that they were going home with comfortable, well-fitting trousers that they wanted to wear. Just some hems and elastic to finish, not bad for 4.5 hrs work! 👏👏👏Obviously my trip to @fabworksmillshop today yielded treasure ❤ top down: #heartofhuddersfield Pumpkin Wine Yorkshire Melton, Evening Mist Marled Melton, Thunderbridge Storm Marled Melton and Cross Hatch Sketch viscose/rayon lining. Their Heart of Huddersfield collection is a beautiful thing to behold. You really can't find that kind of quality wool, woven in Huddersfield at those prices anywhere else. I don't think they'll be around for long.......🍂🍁🍃 A/W sewing plans are go!!
Tag Archives: sewing patterns for knits
You’re going to have a difficult choice this month people!! Here are 4 beauties, but only one can be this month’s MIY Maker. Which one will you choose?
Here are some more details about them:
- top left – Anne’s beautifully styled pink Fulwood dress
- top right – Lee’s homage to Dennis the Menace and her stripey t-shirt from Beginner’s Guide to Dressmaking
- bottom left – Jenny’s brilliantly simple but effective hack of the Walkley dress to add a contrast yoke
- bottom right – MIY Workshop student Sara’s very first dress (can’t you just tell from that smile!) a one piece denim Fulwood dress.
So, it’s over to you. Leave your choice in the comments, voting will close at midnight GMT tomorrow – Friday 30th September and I’ll announce the winner over the weekend.
Better late than never, my most popular pattern – The Fulwood Dress is now available as a complete making kit.
The kit contains everything you need to make the dress with all the trimmings (collar, pleats, pockets!):
- printed pattern
- over 2.5m of beautiful quality 100% cotton denim in a choice of 2 washes; a pale bleached wash and a deep indigo wash (enough to allow for shrinkage when you pre-wash your fabric)
- and matching thread.
All delivered straight to your door with free P&P (UK only) so you can just get sewing.
There really are so many ways to make this pattern (some of which I’m still trying out myself), see inspiration for how to make the Fulwood on Instagram and check out this link to a recent review. There’s also a great guest post here by Anne Acosta for how to move the pleats to different positions.
What are you waiting for? Get yours now, I only have limited stocks….
Want to hear more about what I’m up to and get subscriber-only resources and offers? Join my newsletter and see what you’ve been missing!