Follow Me On
- Yesterday I did a Subtraction Cutting class with Julian Roberts @subtractioncutting He's developed many truly innovative methods of cutting garments over the years and is incredibly generous with his knowledge. If he offers more classes I 100% recommend you sign up. He's a a very inspirational teacher and designer and will constantly challenge you to look at things differently. Thank you Julian for turning my dusty brain inside out and back to front!!***UPDATE - BOTH MACHINES ARE NOW SOLD***I recently bought this gorgeous little sketchbook from @beyond_measure_uk it's the perfect size to put in my pocket and take on walks. I love that it has lots of different papers in too. Looking forward to taking it on some adventures!! 🥾✏🖌🖍Good post day yesterday!! Really looking forward to getting stuck into this @orsoladecastro Congratulations on a timely book that looks to be packed with facts and inspiration ✂️
Tag Archives: Walkley pattern
You’re going to have a difficult choice this month people!! Here are 4 beauties, but only one can be this month’s MIY Maker. Which one will you choose?
Here are some more details about them:
- top left – Anne’s beautifully styled pink Fulwood dress
- top right – Lee’s homage to Dennis the Menace and her stripey t-shirt from Beginner’s Guide to Dressmaking
- bottom left – Jenny’s brilliantly simple but effective hack of the Walkley dress to add a contrast yoke
- bottom right – MIY Workshop student Sara’s very first dress (can’t you just tell from that smile!) a one piece denim Fulwood dress.
So, it’s over to you. Leave your choice in the comments, voting will close at midnight GMT tomorrow – Friday 30th September and I’ll announce the winner over the weekend.