Follow Me On
- Invested in a piece of very local art. This is the view from the hill behind us down into the next valley. It's painted by Jackie Prachek a local artist who runs the art group I sometimes go to 💚 #keepingitlocalOne of my current works in progress. 🔷️◼◻I had a lovely few hours @sew_in_the_city today teaching these 5 lovely eager students how to make the Derwent trousers from my book Beginner's Guide to Sewing with Knitted Fabrics. They were all super happy (and a few a bit surprised) that they were going home with comfortable, well-fitting trousers that they wanted to wear. Just some hems and elastic to finish, not bad for 4.5 hrs work! 👏👏👏Obviously my trip to @fabworksmillshop today yielded treasure ❤ top down: #heartofhuddersfield Pumpkin Wine Yorkshire Melton, Evening Mist Marled Melton, Thunderbridge Storm Marled Melton and Cross Hatch Sketch viscose/rayon lining. Their Heart of Huddersfield collection is a beautiful thing to behold. You really can't find that kind of quality wool, woven in Huddersfield at those prices anywhere else. I don't think they'll be around for long.......🍂🍁🍃 A/W sewing plans are go!!
Tag Archives: weekly sewing classes
I’m lucky enough to have lots of very dedicated students who keep coming back for more and more classes. I think some people get “addicted” to sewing and want to keep learning and gain more confidence before going it alone, for some a class is the only way to make time for sewing and some definitely find some nice new like-minded friends at their sewing classes.
Whatever your reason, if you know you’d like to come to more than just the standard block of 4 of my Weekly Sewing & Dressmaking classes I’ve introduced some longer term options………..
3 MONTH MEMBERSHIP £130
* 12 classes.
* 3 months to use the classes.
* This is a saving of £20 (when compared to booking 3 blocks of 4 classes at £150).
6 MONTH MEMBERSHIP £250
* 24 classes.
* 6 months to use the classes.
* This is a saving of £50 (when compared to booking 6 blocks of 4 classes at £300).
Memberships must be paid for in full before attending your first class.
To book your creative time contact Wendy on 01273 693451 or 775951 or email miyworkshop[at]gmail.com