Follow Me On
- I haven't forgotten, we'll be starting next week, not strictly on the 1st. Doing things a bit differently this year, it's going to be SLOWER.... If you haven't joined us before, #miymarch is a community Instagram challenge now in its 6th year. In previous years it's been a month long marathon of daily photo prompts, this year is going to be a weekly challenge with an overarching theme for the month, thoughtful blog posts and encouragement to think out of the box and try something a little different. There will be some beautiful prizes and a special guest taking over for week 3. Fancy joining us??Finally made a start putting together this hack of the Dylan Parka from my new book. I'm using beautiful (& local) #heartofhuddersfield 100% wool Yorkshire Melton from @fabworksmillshop Just hoping I finish it before the sunshine arrives.....🌞Here's how that over-dyeing experiment turned out. I'm really pleased with how it turned out as dyeing can feel a bit finaland scary. I used a @dylon_uk machine pod in "Jeans Blue". It's a lovely rich indigo blue, exactly what I had in mind and as well as the dress I also dyed a metre of cotton poplin which turned out a dream. Scroll to the last pic for a better pic of how the original stripes and checks still show through. . . #sustainablesewing #thoughtfulsewing #overdyed #overdyeing #sewingoffcuts #piecedclothes #beautifulscraps #remadewardrobe #remadefashion #remadetextile #remadefabric #recycledfabric #recycledtextiles #sustainablefashion #sustainabledressing #oneofakind #wearablepatchwork #fashioningpatchwork #leavenotrace #leavenowaste #recycledshirts #recycledclothing #secondlife #treasurenottrash #remakeitBeen working a bit differently in the last few weeks. Always refreshing and inspiring to step outside the comfort zone and try a new way of doing things. . . #creative #creativeprocess #creativelife #designprocess #maquette #thinkingoutsidethebox #adifferentapproach #sustainablesewing #designchallenge #mockingup #3dthinking #thinkingthroughmaking #newbook #newproject #nevernotmaking #nevernotthinkingaboutmaking #problemsolving #howisthatmade #howcanimakethat
Tag Archives: weekly sewing classes
I’m lucky enough to have lots of very dedicated students who keep coming back for more and more classes. I think some people get “addicted” to sewing and want to keep learning and gain more confidence before going it alone, for some a class is the only way to make time for sewing and some definitely find some nice new like-minded friends at their sewing classes.
Whatever your reason, if you know you’d like to come to more than just the standard block of 4 of my Weekly Sewing & Dressmaking classes I’ve introduced some longer term options………..
3 MONTH MEMBERSHIP £130
* 12 classes.
* 3 months to use the classes.
* This is a saving of £20 (when compared to booking 3 blocks of 4 classes at £150).
6 MONTH MEMBERSHIP £250
* 24 classes.
* 6 months to use the classes.
* This is a saving of £50 (when compared to booking 6 blocks of 4 classes at £300).
Memberships must be paid for in full before attending your first class.
To book your creative time contact Wendy on 01273 693451 or 775951 or email miyworkshop[at]gmail.com