A whole 12 months seem to have flashed before my eyes and it’s that time again MIY March is back for its 4th year!!
A month of celebrating our sewing, our sewing machines, our sewing buddies and generally sharing sewing tips, recommendations and more through the medium of Instagram photos.
The format is going to be a little different this year just to keep you on your toes, because hey, who wants to be totally predictable?! One thing that thankfully won’t be changing is that I will again be joined by the lovely Emma as co-host.
Make sure you’re following me @thatwendyward and Emma @dressmakerssocial on Instagram and watch out for updates there and here on the blog. Do remember, if your Instagram profile is set to “private” then only people that you’ve allowed to follow you will be able to see your posts and you won’t be entered for any of the prize giveaways.
If you haven’t played along before, have a scroll through the #miymarch17 pics on Instagram to get a flavour for the event.
So here’s how to join in with this year’s MIY March:
- this year each week will have a theme and the daily topics will all be linked to that theme
- topic lists for the week ahead will be posted on Sunday evenings via mine and Emma‘s Instagram accounts (for the first week, the topic list will be posted on Wednesday 28th, ready for Thursday 1st March)
- at the start of each day in March we will post that day’s topic
- to join in, post a sewing themed photo to your Instagram account everyday in March inspired by the daily topic
- use the hashtag #miymarch18 in the caption of all your pictures so that everyone taking part can see it
- follow me @thatwendyward and Emma @dressmakerssocial so that you know each day’s topic and can check out our daily top fours and prize giveaways
- everyday myself and Emma will choose our favourite 4 pictures from that day to share and repost with you all
- there will be prizes again this year thanks to our generous sponsors, details are still being finalised but the value of the prize fund so far is almost £700
- rather than weekly prize giveaways like previous years, all prizes will be announced at the end of March an bundled into 4 themed categories, encouraging you to stick with us for the duration (!), watch this space for more details on sponsors and how to enter the prize giveaways tomorrow
- if your account is set to “private” no-one will be able to see your pics so you won’t be able to join in!
- all times are GMT
- no prizes can be swapped or substituted
- by playing you are agreeing to your pictures being shared by me and / or Emma and / or the sponsors involved online via any platform, or in print to promote the event
- participation in MIY March will be via Instagram only (you must have a “public” Instagram profile to take part in the prize giveaways) – entries via other social media platforms will not be included.
So, what’s not to like? Get creative with your camera, show off your skills, meet like-minded people from around the world, win prizes and get inspired!
If you’re not already on Instagram there is lots of help for how to set up your account and how to use Instagram here.
Look forward to “meeting” you and seeing your pics!!